ZixMail Outlook 2003 Installation & Help
Zix Installation Instructions
Each user must be logged onto the network using his/her login ID in order for the ZixMail Signature files to install in the appropriate user roaming profile. Some network administrators have created the ZixMail Signature for their users under their ADMIN login ID. Consequently, when the end user logs in, the ZixMail software could NOT locate the user's ZixIt Signature because it was stored under the ADMIN's roaming profile. The Admin can install the software under their roaming profile but then must log out and allow the end user to log in and register their email address with ZixMail.
Getting Started With ZixMail for Outlook 2003
Note: You must uninstall any previous version of ZixMail before continuing with the install.
- Close any Windows based applications.
- Browse to the location where you saved the file you just downloaded and double-click ZixMailOutlookSetup-2.6.msi.
- Click Next through the standard installation questions, choosing the Typical installation option.
Note: If you had Outlook open while installing ZixMail, close and re-open the program.
Creating a Zix Signature:
- On your desktop, double-click the Signature Manager icon.
- Click Create New.
- Enter your existing email address, then enter it again to confirm. Click Next.
- Reconfirm your email address and click Next.
- Enter a Signature Phrase, then enter it again to confirm (it is case sensitive). Click Next. Click Next again.
- Select Yes to create a recovery file then click Next.
- Select a file location for the recovery file and click Next.
- Click Finished, then close the Signature Manager.
- Respond to the ZixMail confirmation email message by clicking the Accept link.
- You are taken to the “Activation Successful” page.
- Open ZixSignature Manager and click Update Status.
- Click OK; then close ZixSignature Manager.
After completing this one-time setup process, you are ready to start sending and receiving ZixMail messages!
Using ZixMail for Outlook 2003
Composing and Sending a ZixMail Message
- Compose your message and attach files in Outlook as usual.
- From the composed message, click Encrypt & Send ZixMail.
- Select the Request a Receipt check box if you want to receive an email message noting when the recipient opens the message for the first time.
- Enter your Signature Phrase and click Send. A progress box shows ZixMail checking signature validity for you and the message recipients.
Reading a ZixMail Message
ZixMail messages arrive in your regular inbox as attachments to an email message.
- To read a new message, do one of the following:
- Open the message in your inbox and click Decrypt ZixMail.
- Select the message in your inbox and click Decrypt ZixMail.
- Select the message in your inbox; then go to ZixMail > Decrypt the Selected ZixMail Message on the Outlook Toolbar.
- Open the message in your inbox and double-click the ZixMail attachment.
- Enter your Signature Phrase and click OK.
- ZixMail opens and decrypts the message. You can then read, reply, forward, save or delete your ZixMail message.
Please feel free to contact us for any further information or assistance you may need.