ZixMail Standalone Client Installation & Help
Zix Installation Instructions
Each user must be logged onto the network using his/her login ID in order for the ZixMail Signature files to install in the appropriate user roaming profile. Some network administrators have created the ZixMail Signature for their users under their ADMIN login ID. Consequently, when the end user logs in, the ZixMail software could NOT locate the user's ZixIt Signature because it was stored under the ADMIN's roaming profile. The Admin can install the software under their roaming profile but then must log out and allow the end user to log in and register their email address with ZixMail.
Getting Started With ZixMail
- Browse to the location where you saved the file you just downloaded and double-click ZixMailSetup-3.0.msi, then select Run.
- Click Next through the standard installation questions, choosing the Typical installation option.
Creating a Zix Signature:
- On your desktop, double-click the Signature Manager icon.
- Click Create New.
- Enter your existing email address, then enter it again to confirm. Click Next.
- Reconfirm your email address and click Next.
- Enter a Signature Phrase, then enter it again to confirm (it is case sensitive). Click Next. Click Next again.
- Select Yes to create a recovery file then click Next.
- Select a file location for the recovery file and click Next.
- Click Finished, then close the Signature Manager.
- Respond to the ZixMail confirmation email message by clicking the Accept link.
- You are taken to the “Activation Successful” page.
- Open ZixSignature Manager and click Update Status.
- Click OK; then close ZixSignature Manager.
After completing this one-time setup process, you are ready to start sending and receiving ZixMail messages!
Composing and Sending a ZixMail Message
- Double-click the zixmail.exe icon on your desktop.
- On the Compose ZixMail tab, enter one or more recipients in the to: and/or cc: fields.
- Enter a Subject for the email.
- Type a message into the message box.
- Click the Send button.
- Select the Certified Receipt check box if you want to receive an email message noting when the recipient opens the message.
- Enter your Password and click Send.
A progress box shows ZixMail checking signature validity for you and the message recipients.
Reading a ZixMail Message
ZixMail messages arrive in your regular email program’s inbox.
- To read a new message, follow the email program's usual procedure for opening attachments.
- Enter your Password (Signature Phrase) and click OK.
The message is decrypted and displayed.
Please feel free to contact us for any further information or assistance you may need.